In order for any business to be successful, there must be a business plan in place.
A business plan accomplishes 2 things:
1. Defines the goals and objectives you are trying to obtain
2. Defines the steps and processes you need to take to reach your goals
BUSINESS PLAN WORKSHEET
Completing the worksheet will help create an organizational process for pellet therapy in the practice.
Let’s consider these questions…
WHAT IS THE GOAL?
Ask these questions
1. Are you ONLY trying to retain the patient base that you currently have?
2. Are you taking new patients?
3. Is your goal to grow with new patients?
4. What percentage of your business do you want to be pellet therapy? How many pellet patients a day/week would be ideal?
5. What does this look like long term? It is recommended to set a goal for the first year, 3 years and 5 years.
* These goals need to be set for now and long-term.
WHAT IS THE LONG-TERM GOAL OF THE PRACTICE WITH REGARDS TO PELLET THERAPY?
– Identifying the goals, in the beginning, will help to set systems in place to allow for growth.
Eliminating other services that you may currently offer
Ex: less OB and more GYN
WHO IS OUR TARGET PATIENT?
– Will you be treating male and female patients?
– If only one, what is your protocol for the others? Referral? To who?
– How will you identify what patients you currently have that might be candidates?
Ex: Review “annual” labs to identify patients that might be candidates
– Identifying your target patient will help in determining how you will market to these patients.